DONATE TO HELP BUILD
the first not-for-profit, resident-led, life plan community
for active seniors on the North Coast!
Make a One-Time or Recurring Donation
Your generous donation will help
pay for necessary pre-construction work
and help us obtain bond funding for
Donations from IRAs
Older adults can get tax benefits by making donations from their IRA
even if they do not itemize deductions.
• If you are making “Required Minimum Distributions” from your IRA,
a “Qualified Charitable Distribution” to Life Plan Humboldt is not taxed as income.
• An IRA owner 70 1/2 or over can transfer up to $100,000 tax-free to LPH as a “Qualified Charitable Distribution” without claiming it as income. And if you are at least 72, QCD’s count toward a “Required Minimum Distribution”.
Stocks, Bonds & Mutual Funds
Compared to donating cash — donating long-term appreciated stocks
could decrease your tax liability as well as providing a gift to Life Plan Humboldt.
Ask your broker about your situation.
Other Ways to Give
• Ask your employer if they participate in a “matching gifts program.”
• If you have a “donor-advised fund” (DAF), donate today to our Federal Tax ID/ EIN #84-4757743
• Bequests: plan a gift that will benefit generations of local families by remembering Life Plan Humboldt in your will or trust.