The Build-It Phase:
• We are in discussions with the owners of property in McKinleyville near Town Center.
• This next phase of development will last about 3 years.
• We will raise $4 million from donors, grants, foundations, loans and partnerships/affiliations.
• The community design will be finalized.
• Land entitlements and permits will be completed.
• Partnerships with supporting institutions will be sought.
• Negotiations ongoing to build 40 affordable senior cottages on our campus.
• We will obtain construction bond financing.
• Projected ‘move-in’ date is early 2027.
Our focus is now on asking for pledges for 3 years, at which time we will be able to obtain permanent funding by bonds for our anticipated move-in date of early 2027. The more money we can get from local pledges, the more local control we have when negotiating with partners. Donors who pledge to give regularly over a period of time can make a bigger impact on our future with less of an impact on their personal finances at any one time. We welcome pledges monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually.
If you would like to donate all or part of your Minimum Required Distribution (MRD) from your IRA(s), please contact your Financial Advisor or Broker or contact us at (707) 845-2454.
If you prefer to mail in your donation, our mailing address is:
Life Plan Humboldt
2037 Blake Road
McKinleyville, CA 95519